Monday, December 30, 2013

Also from December 30, 2013. (This was sent in response to a rquest for a message to be printed in the ward newsletter.)

Elder Jordan Tanner
El Salvador Santa Ana Mission
 
I had my first Christmas in the mission. And honestly it was a Christmas full of joy. It makes you realize how blessed we are. Here in El Salvador the kids get very little.  The custom is that they have a dinner--they cook a chicken and then after they do fireworks. This is the only thing they get. Some get a new outfit or a toy car and you have never seen a child so grateful. It makes me think of how blessed I have been all my life. Another thing I noticed was that when we spend a Christmas in the service of the Lord, we feel the true spirit of Christmas. It is so easy to forget about the fact that this holiday is based on our Lord and our Redeemer Jesus Christ.
 
I hope all had a good Christmas and a good year. Now is the time to start new and be better. New Year resolutions are a change in your life--and the true definition of change is repentance. Leaving behind something and starting new and not returning to do it again. Never stop doing the things that get you closer to God and you will have more peace and joy in all that you do.
 
Love,
 
Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment