Wednesday, September 4, 2013

September 2, 2013 "I'M AN UNCLE!!"

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM, Jordan Tanner <jordantanner23@myldsmail.net> wrote:

I'M AN UNCLE!! That's so exciting!

This week was really good! We set a baptism date with a guy named Adelmo! We're going to have a wedding the 21st and baptism the 22nd! And, he told me that he wants me to baptize him! I'm so pumped!

This week was different, two times we went and hoed a corn field!! It was pretty dang hard. I was dying, but because I'm white nobody thinks I can work, which I hate! So I work as hard as possible to show them not every white person doesn't work! While we were doing this we also watched a dog and rooster fight, it was really funny. I also gave my first blessing in Spanish, it was for a little girl. She's so cute, she's like 9 months old, but it was kind of awkward because she was breast feeding while I gave it. ha-ha. Its just a different world down here.

 I went on a change with and elder from the Dominican, he's really cool, and he told me this awesome story about his best friend. His friend is an amazing pitcher (of course), he's been offered like millions of dollars and was drafted, but he's also Mormon, and he decided to leave baseball and serve a mission! I think that is so cool!

We had 10 investigators last week in church and 9 yesterday! In all of the zone we had forty and we brought 10! there are 12 areas in our zone, so we have tons of potential! I don't want to leave this area its so great! I'm going to try and send some pics! Love everyone!
elder tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment