Monday, August 5, 2013

". . . every morning we get Peruvian Josh Groban going."

So glad you guys met the Lopez 'family. They're great.

 But I am eating healthier, we always have like 30 mangoes cause all the time investigators give us mangoes, avocadoes and limes. But I'm almost sick of fresh fruit because it brings so many bugs inside! But they are way good.

 Our zone got the most baptisms last month so we get lunch at his (Bro. Lopez) house on Thursday! And there were three baptisms yesterday of the people we were teaching but they were out of our area. So I kinda count it, but I don't! It's all good!

 My companion has this DVD with a slideshow of Christ and it plays "You Raise Me Up", by Josh Groban. I have never disliked this song in my life, but now I do. He plays it like 37 times in a row, and I made the mistake of writing down the lyrics for him.... gosh every morning we get Peruvian Josh Groban going. Ha-ha but its all good.

 I did a change with another Elder, he's really cool, he's from California.  He's our zone leader. We did work as two white boys. Today was fun playing soccer, it was such a diverse game. Two Peruvians and a Colombian, against an American, Salvadoran and Tongan. Ha-ha we killed.

 I bore my testimony for the first time in my whole life during church. Who woulda thought my first time would be in Spanish, but it was good. After we had to sing a hymn in front of the congregation, ha it was so bad, but latins kinda have horrible singing so they thought we were beautiful.

Tomorrow we have a temple trip with our investigators! I'm so excited, we have like 10 commited to come, so pumped. But yeah, for all people reading this, if I start getting weird, virtually slap me. Because I dont want to be weird. I've found what I think is a good balance on my mission of following the rules, but always having fun. I joke around with investigators so much and the members. It's the best way to get them to listen to you, they don't wanna listen to some strict bum. So when they ask me where I'm from I always say I'm from here, or Africa. They will laugh, but then I'll just keep a straight face... then I'll like slap em in the chest and be like, "just playing dawg". Ah it's the best, I love talking to everybody.  The only thing I hate is that I always get called on to say the prayer, they want to see if the white guy can pray. At times I say it at the begginning of the lesson and the end. Ha-ha but its all good. Anyway, love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment