Monday, October 6, 2014

"Now I feel like I have to get married fast and then be a priesthood leader for the youth." October 6, 2014

Wow conference was so great!!
The priesthood Session inspired me so much.

Now I feel like I have to get married fast and then be a priesthood leader for the youth.

Elder Eyring's talk about preisthood leaders was great and about trust. I thought about all of my great leaders I've had. Brother Staker, Chamberlain,Bishop Moore,Bishop Maughan, Lindahl, Porter, Leishman. I'm sure I'm forgetting some but these guys all had a big influence on me.... I went back in time as I listened to the talk, I was such a horrible kid and they had so much patience for me. I miss them all and want to be leaders like them in the future to be able to help other young kids like they helped me.

But we had a good week, a kid went home a little early so they shutdown the area and now we're in a trio, we're with elder chico now too he's from mexico. Were helping him alot cause hes really quiet and calm. But me and my comp no.. we're loud and happy and its helping him open up alot.

Something cool just happened. We write in the chapel of Colon every week. Colon is where I started, so I was just sitting here writing and one of my converts came and hugged me haha he came to play soccer at the church. It's sweet to see converts every now and then cause we come here lots.

Loving my mission.
Elder Tanner


*  I asked about the man who they found beat up last week and this is what Jordan said. 
"He's doing better, he hasn't been drinking! but he's got a hard life. There are lots of people with problems. It is emotionally hard sometimes.... but it's fine. You just feel really bad for the people."

No comments:

Post a Comment