Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"I knew the first time I came to this church I was gonna stay here forever." October 13, 2014

But this week was awesome!! We married and baptized the family!!!!
Also I got the package and I love it!!! Thanks so much!! I always wear the LeBron shirt and the pics are so great!!! love you
 
Yeah so elder Kendall got dengue.... it sucks cause he was out all week. But I've gotten to see him a few times and he's doing better. We took him the sacrament on Sunday. He's changing his house too so we had to go move him and his comps stuff into their new house, but theyre staying in the same area.
 
This morning I went with his comp to go drop of new tables and beds and stuff and we went in the tiniest little pick up. It was this old guy that took us... he was driving so slow every car was passing us, and when we would go down hills he would turn his key and turn off the car temporarily. haha it was such a funny thing. On our way back it started raining and his windshield wipers broke so he had a hand towel and so I reached out while we were driving and cleaned his windshield haha it was a funny experience.
 
The family we baptized was such a blessing, we literally did nothing. they showed up on their own then we visited them that week and they accepted a date. The dad, Jose is a inactive member of lots of time, but he's super pumped to be back in the church. He preaches the gospel to everyone and is working to get his priesthood rights back. The mom, Imelda bore her testimony in her baptism and said, "I knew the first time I came to this church I was gonna stay here forever." It was amazing to hear that from her, she also paid her fast offering yesterday and they have nothing. They're already so faithful. I hope to come back in a year for their sealing. Their son, Pablo knows so much he's in like 1 Nephi 10, and he can explain everything to us, he's 16 and going to SOY (its like EFY) in December. He's excited to go on a mission in 2 years.
 
It was a good week, but tell Elder Kendall's family that he's gonna be fine.  I've gotten to go see him to check on him a few times and he's getting better. He will be fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment