Monday, June 24, 2013

June 4, 2013


I have had a great time so far in the MTC, but this place is also hell on earth. These 16 hour days are killing me. I got diarrhea on the third day and have had it since. It's a ravenous diarrhea though, never had it like this. On Friday night I got up 15 times to go to the bathroom, not the tightest. So the next night I slept in the hall to cut down travel distance and that was much better (I left the room door open because we stay sight and sound with our comp.) Anyway, that first day was literally the longest and hardest day of my life, but it makes these other days seem like cake.
 
I'm doing pretty good in the Spanish, I use Spanglish all the time when I don't mean to and I think a lot in Spanish. Every day we hear these big loud booms and my companion thinks they're gunshots, but they aren't, its gotta be like a shipping yard or something where they're dropping stuff. I think I'm right because I'm from Utah and my uncles have taught me well. 
 
I feel bad for an elder in my district, he has been super homesick and worried about his family this entire time and we were like everything is gonna be okay and then one of his best friends died the other day. So we all feel terrible and comfort him and tell him not to give up and everything. He's a really strong elder.
 
I'm super good friends with Andy, we're buds and see each other tons. Me, Andy, Elder Griffin, Elder Dalton and many other guys are super close. We roll together. We play volleyball every day and it's super fun. Our district is sick, we all love each other. There is an Elder Flake down here from Snowflake Arizona and I'm good friends with him too. He's a descendant of William Jordan Flake also, he's a classic Flakerton. Well, keep updating me with all the sports, I miss my baby LeBron, hope he's doing great. I miss you guys too, love you, bye.
 
Elder Tanner
 
Oh also the MTC isn't as bad as I made it sound. I like it too. And I have learned so much. I have never been this righteous for a whole week in my life. I feel like I could hang out with President Monson right now and feel worthy of his presence. It's awesome.
 
Oh and our district got a commitment for a baptism!! We've been teaching this lady named Candy who works in the kitchen at the MTC and she said she would get baptized after all of these lessons our district has taught her, she's great! But now I think we have to hand her over to the "real" missionaries which is dumb, but as long as she gets baptized esta bien. Hasta luego.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment