Monday, June 24, 2013

June 19, 2013

It's going so great! I'm rolling now! 3 weeks in and 3 weeks left! A crazy thing about the Hispanics is that they all call me John Tanner or Padre Tanner! They all know John Tanner somehow and every one of them asks me if I'm related, I think its hilarious! The new batch of elders and Hispanics are pretty great.
 
Oh yeah I have to renew my debit card. We get tons of rain here, but then it will be 80 degrees and sunny 15 minutes later, it's wild. I've been working hard on my watch tan line because I think those are so sick. 
 
I got so many good friends down here, every night we just all get together and do something. I lead a yoga session every few nights and we call it yogamos, meaning "we yoga." We kill it. Our district is like a family. We started a flag out of scarves and ties and we're making a district flag, first ones ever to do it! Everyone looks up to our district cause we're sick.
 
My teacher is getting married to one of the other teachers, what a baller. He is so cool, all of our teachers are so great, they teach us tons about the gospel and Spanish! We still shred on the volleyball court everyday, and I got a real nice email from Ben Patch and I told him about how I shred on the court and how I'm like almost as good as him.
 
Every Sunday we have to write talks, because they call you out randomly from the crowd, it's so scary. It's in complete Spanish too, but I haven't been called. Our zone pic is pretty money huh, this next one I mean mugged and I can't wait to see it. We got really into singing recently, we sing all the time. Come Thou Fount is our jam, or Mas Cerca Dios a Ti (Nearer My God to Thee). Anyway, miss and love everyone, wanna hear game 7 results!
 
-Elder Tanner

No comments:

Post a Comment